AI Version? (As IVAO MTL)

Seek support and talk about the Classics Hangar Me 108.
Unterstützung und Forum zur Classics Hangar Me 108.
kleineMax

AI Version? (As IVAO MTL)

Post by kleineMax »

Im feeling nearly bad to ask this, because it gives you work above the stuff you have allready done.

But is it possible for your team to make a low poly AI version, something like the LOD 75 version, but with a less polys.
Why do i want/need that? Cause it could be used as an IVAO MTL-Model (Multiplayer Traffic Library). But the max amount of polys for that was set to 15000, so that it doesnt gives such a heavy load.

With your permission i would try it my selve, i would need a source file with animations (cause i can not export the animations with ModelConverterX) and it would be my first try on something like that.

So if you can handel it, looking at time/work and will, i realy would appreciate an AI Model of EBEI and EBFW (cause they are still active).

Greets
Max
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: AI Version? (As IVAO MTL)

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Max, the models are multi-LOD-ed and should work fine online just as they are.
Offline we tested it with up to 6 Bf108 with no serious performance degradation.
Did you actually try it online?
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

kleineMax

Post by kleineMax »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:Max, the models are multi-LOD-ed and should work fine online just as they are.
Offline we tested it with up to 6 Bf108 with no serious performance degradation.
Did you actually try it online?
You dont understand the "system" that IVAO uses. They have extra library where they ad the models and you can update the copy on your local pc of this. They of course will not ad your plane to that library, cause... yeah everyone could use it.

And the LOD still should have a maximum of 15k polys (rule via the IVAO soft-dev), the LOD 75 has 20k (IFR 18K) and 25 is just to ugly with 608 tris. I could reduce the poly count of the LOD 75 version via exporting it with ModelConverterX and edit it in 3DSmax, but would loose the animations and also after that i dont know what i have to do.

I can help you (maybe) but in the end your team has to agree to the adding of an AI Version to MTL.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

What you suggest there is extremely against the license agreement and I certainly hope that you guys and gals over at IVAO do not reverse-engineer and share copyrighted files.

kleineMax

Post by kleineMax »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:What you suggest there is extremely against the license agreement and I certainly hope that you guys and gals over at IVAO do not reverse-engineer and share copyrighted files.
I allready told you that they dont do that, they allways use agreed Versions of Models, most of them are free (more about: http://mtl.ivao.aero/submit.asp)
I asked Günter Kraemer to build a Version for the MTL but he didnt respond and without permission even i cant do anything. Im just asked cause im not able to build a complete new model :(
Zefirro

Post by Zefirro »

I think that Mathias is very polite and don't want to say it straight, but it is not a common practice to share sources of any payware (and even many freeware). It is his effort to make the model and by giving the source freely he would loose the control of it, not saying that somebody can make profit of his work, models, textures.
I think that if you are able to convert the model, then you have at least basic knowledge about 3d modelling. I propose to you an exercise that will improve your skill: with the limit of 15k polys you should be able to create a simple model on your own. And you can benefit from comparing your model with Classics Hangar one.
Krzysztof Sobczak
kleineMax

Post by kleineMax »

Yeah asking for the source is somehow a bit with over optimistic.

And maybe i'll try to make a AI version by myselfe.
But just a simple facts. The only thing i know is: how to use 3DSMax, but im unpracticed. I dont know anything about moddelling for FSX, im not good at texturing and setting up everything right so i have a working AI Model... a dream. It would take me even with a starting file/textures a week, without ... 3 weeks? For an experienced modeller, i could proberly be done in 2 days.

So thats why i ask. Of course mathias is polite cause he even listened to me. But also i dont understand why giving away a 10k-15k triangle version, without Sounds (only engine maybe), without VC and without FD, is a problem.

Not having the time or will to make an AI-Version for somebody else is more understandable!

But ok.. i understand, i tried, i lost ;)
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Max, that just doesn't work. We get in serious licensing trouble.
And again, decompiling the model is a copyright infridgement.
Also, making an explicit low poly version requires more than just a few days of work since it would be almost a complete rebuild.
The aircraft is multi-LODed, but you don't want to look at the lower LOD models close up. :mrgreen:

kleineMax

Post by kleineMax »

Ok, accepted.

Hm yeah the LOD 5 is funny but for the MTL it has to be ab bit "ugly" ;)

So just one thing where you proberly could help me out. I need side, top and front-views in a somehow blueprint version, as a reference. Found some lowres stuff on the internetzzz but you proberly got better ones. So i would appreciate if you could give me something there.

Greets
Max
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

The problem with the Bf108 available blueprints is that there are no accurate sets.
Most B version blueprints show the wingtips of the A-Version and also the windshield in a wrong position so it's a lot of double-checking involved.
I can send you what have however.