Prop pitch key mapping

Seek support and talk about the Classics Hangar Me 108.
Unterstützung und Forum zur Classics Hangar Me 108.
JonP01

Prop pitch key mapping

Post by JonP01 »

Yes, I have read the manual where it stated that mapping the prop pitch control to keys is not possible. I am just wondering if "not possible" really means completely impossible no matter what, or simply too difficult to do in a reasonable time frame or perhaps even we could not get around to it in time?

The reason I am asking is that I would much, much rather be able to operate the pitch like I do for all other FSX aircraft - mapping to one key for increased pitch and another for decreased pitch. I really hate having to use the mouse for this sort of thing, and to make matters worse, I have always suffered a problem with FSX whereby my frame rate takes a severe dip whenever the mouse is moved around and the mouse cursor remains visible. So I suffer this frame rate loss not only when changing the prop pitch, but also for several seconds afterwards waiting for the cursor to disappear (I don't have this problem with the FSX default aircraft, only add-on aircraft).

I am really hoping there might be some way of being able to operate the pitch with key mappings or at least some sort of workaround for this in a later patch.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Prop pitch key mapping

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Not possible unfortunately means not possible since we replaced the stock propeller pitch code alltogether as it's not feasable for a variable pitch prop.
As you may know FS only supports constant speed or fixed pitch by default.
Well, I heard from one of my beta testers that there is a way, but that involves using the payware version of FSUIPC along with an additional freeware programm.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Thanks for the very quick reply Mathias. I wuld be interested to know what this workaround might be. So long as the programs required do not consume resources to the point of affecting actual system performance, it would at least give me the choice of that workaround versus having to use the mouse. I don't mind using the mouse stationary on the ground, but do anything to avoid using it in the air with add-on aircraft.

Would your beta tester possibly consider outlining what exactly needs to be done so that I and perhaps others can consider giving it a try (assuming it is within my skill level)?

Thanks
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

I don't have first hand experience with either of the tools.
You may want to check the FSUIPC support forum and look for threads that deal with LUA,
that's the second tool.
http://forum.simflight.com/forum/141-faq/
What it does as per my understanding is looking for local variables (such as our prop pitch code) and allows it to be mapped on the keyboard.

Once you made your way through setting up FSUIPC and LUA you can use the following local variable for our prop pitch:

L:Bf108PropVerstellung
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)