Dark instrument panel in the 190D

"Dora" Support Forum
william thompson

Dark instrument panel in the 190D

Post by william thompson »

Hi Everyone,
The 190 instrument panel is great if I have the sun 'behind' the aircraft, but even at mid-day, in mid-summer, the gauges become too dark and difficult to read if I happen to be flying with the sun ahead, and I sometimes have to use the Shift+Z option to check course, altitude, speed etc. The Shift+L or panel switch is an option of course, but the improvement is really very slight and I wonder if anyone knows of another way to brighten the panel? Best Wishes, william
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Dark instrument panel in the 190D

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Hi William,
if you can't read the instruments or can't see the gauges at any time of day you should really calibrate your monitor as it's most likely too dark and probably also to color- and contrast heavy.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

william thompson

Post by william thompson »

Thank you Mathias, I really should have thought of that myself. I appreciate your patience and courtesy. Best Wishes, william
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Thanks Mathias and William-

I have been experiencing a very dark (virtual) cockpit with the 190A. While changing the display settings has helped, I think this may be an FSX problem (not a Classics Hangar problem) or a graphics card setup problem. A google search reveals many reports of this problem, but not many solutions.

If anyone has any suggestions for FSX or graphic card tweaks, please pass them along.

Very Respectfully,

Beavis