Focke Wulf Fw 190 D and Ta 152.

"Dora" Support Forum
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: New Focke wulf fw 190D or TA 152

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Chunk, Klemm, assumed we finish the Fw190 story - and I'm speaking entirely hypothetical here - we probably wouldn't leave a gap in the history line. ;)
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

Klemm35

Post by Klemm35 »

Hehe, that's how it goes; learning from the mistakes.

But I think, we are getting somewhere. Mathias, how would it be to show the first pic soon a bit bigger and a bit less blurry? ;) :D

Grüsse,
Kai
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

I hear you loud and clear Mathias, and I can't wait. I hypothetically thank you. ;)

Post by NewBie »

Chunk wrote:I hear you loud and clear Mathias, and I can't wait. I hypothetically thank you. ;)
I second that, Chunk !
And an also hypothetically thank you, Mathias ! ;)

Regards,

Chunk

Post by Chunk »

This thread needs more recon photos Mathias. I'm gettin' anxious! ;)
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Right that, Chunk! ;)

As most have guessed correctly, we are completing the Fw190 story.
A Trilogie isn't complete without part #3. :D
It's now three and a half years ago that we released the Fw190A early Variants, almost three years for the late variants and it's about time for a proper Fw190D/Ta152 package.
A natural choice really after the Anton series was so well received in the community, and I always felt as if something was missing anyway. :mrgreen:
You can blame our beta testers and many users who didn't stop bugging us to continue the story.

Ok, some facts:
The project has progressed fairly far on the modelling and programming side.
The ships are now in Alessandro's paint shop. A little late on schedule since he was plagued by a hand surgery.
We have the D-9 as it was by far the most numerious of the bunch with about 1800 being produced.
The D-11. There's only save proof for about 20 but it allows for some cool paint schemes and of course is of interest aerodynamically due to it's sleaker lines and the improved Jumo 213F engine.
D-13, apparently only two saw service, but it happens that one survived so this is a no brainer.
Ta152H-0/H-1, sure thing, can't do without!
Ta152C can happen but I havn't finally made up my mind since the odd half dozen that was build apparently never reached operational status. Well, let's see.

A word on the Anton:
Since the Dora/Ta package will come with a load of new and improved realism-related programming, and FSX is here to stay for an unforseeable long time we'll keep supporting the Anton as well with a massive feature update post release of the new package.

Here's some unedited WIP screenshots showing the D-9.
Note panel lines and rivets are overly obvious since these textures are to check out panel and rivet placement.
There's a few bump map and stencil artefacts here and there, leftovers from the Anton series so far so don't worry about the odd missplaced placard or access hatch.
I'll post more as the ships roll out of the paint factory.

Let me add I'm so far very happy how the shapes and curves turn out.
Like the real plane it is based on the Anton series and that proofed to be an easy reconstruction task where one piece led to another since the base mesh was allready that accurate that I could place the slices exactly were Kurt Tank placed them. :lol:
Interestingly, even the Ta152 retained about 65% of the Anton's components.
Look at the shots and check where the changes are:
Added a 500millimeter piece to the rear fuselage, the socalled "Rumpftonne",
extended the tailfin by 140 millimeter, and of course the nose is new due the Jumo213.
Of interest also little details such as the place between the gearlegs where the inner geardoors are attached.
The Anton had a bulge here to make room for the lower exhaust stack.
The Dora due to the stop gap nature of the design used the same components hence the bulge was still there and the wingfillet was shaped accordingly.

Chunk

Re: New Focke wulf fw 190D and TA 152: Now official!

Post by Chunk »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you Mathias! I can't wait!

Post by NewBie »

:shock:

Hello Mathias !

Nice to see this project ! :D
Could you, please, put me one in my basket right now ? lol

Regards,
Arnaud
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Thanks guys!
A few more unedited shots, this time the D-11.
Note the upper nose guns are removed thus having a more streamlined upper fairing.
Mk108 cannons added to the outer wings, larger supercharger intake to feed the new Jumo213F and distinctive bulgy appeareance up to about two-third of the engine nacelle also granted to the 213F,,
late style bubble canopy. The D-9 and D-11 both used the early and late style canopies so we have two models for each plane.

Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Bravo Mathias! The impatience has already started on my end. ;)