Just brilliant!

Seek support and talk about the Classics Hangar Me 108.
Unterstützung und Forum zur Classics Hangar Me 108.
dexdoggy

Just brilliant!

Post by dexdoggy »

Mathias,

I just purchased this; what an awesome aircraft! Absolute stunning to look at, handles like a dream! This is perfect for some VFR, especially enjoying around the Orbx Scenery I have! I have been been able to use the high-res textures without any issue; this is one very classy aeroplane for sure! The panel options and they way you have to set the prop pitch etc. gives it the perfect amount of complexity and simplicity! A hands-down favourite!

Say, is there any chance of an ADF going in to the panel? A lot of navigation down here in Australia still makes great use of NDB's!

There is a lovely 108 here I saw a little while back (At HARS - Historical Aircraft Restoration Society down in Wollongong) which I think is being restored back to flying status (they also have a beautiful PBY Cat and the famous Lockheed "Connie" Constellation).

Now, if I can just convince someone to do an "Aussie" registration... ;)

Anyway, thank you again for this wonderful aeroplane!
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Just brilliant!

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Welcome dexdoggy,

glad that you enjoy our lil aircraft, much apprechiated!

On the ADF, I was moving gauges forth and back but an additional ADF just doesn't fit on the panel with those large historic instruments. I just can't find space for it.
However, if you use a VOR to VOR fightplan and toggle the NAV/GPS switch you should be able to follow whatever station is dropped into your GPS.
The AFN indicator will display any station in GPS mode.
For better orientation you should dial your station's heading on the OBS manually.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

dexdoggy

Re: Just brilliant!

Post by dexdoggy »

No problem on the ADF!
Again, thank you for this brilliant aeroplane - it is amazing!