problem after installing Windows 7

Fw 190 A "Anton" Support Forum
deimos256

problem after installing Windows 7

Post by deimos256 »

Ever since the release of the FW-190 I have been flying it using Windows XP and its worked fine. Last weekend i upgraded to Windows 7 and now im having problems. Sometimes the tail wheel will not steer, this is after trying in the VC and outside. Also I have an odd throttle problem. Ill be flying fine and ill put the throttle at idle and the manifold pressure will drop correctly and the engine sound will be at idle, then i will go into external view, and when I go back into the VC, the motor is racing, yet i havent moved the throttle and the manifold pressure is still reading minimum, if i try to move the throttle the needle for the manifold gauge will stay bottomed out but the motor is racing, eventually blowing.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: problem after installing Windows 7

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Hi Deimos,

did you install the 1.2 update?
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

deimos256

Post by deimos256 »

I'm not at home right now but I'm pretty sure i did. I also checked if it happens with the early variants as well and it does
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Ok, the tailwheel lock was a bit unreliable in the original 1.0 package.
That was fixed with the patches so I suppose you need to install the updates.

This engine sound loop when switching views happens to me at times with any aircraft and any OS, I think that's an FSX niggle.
I usually work around it by throttling up for a few seconds and throttling back again.

deimos256

Post by deimos256 »

The thing is it's not just the sound, the engine itself is racing as well even if the manifold pressure gauge doesn't reflect it. I actually blew an engine before I realized what was going on.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Hmm weird.
Let me know if installing the 1.2 update fixes the issues.

deimos256

Post by deimos256 »

i just came home and ran the update and it says i have already updated so turns out this was happening with 1.2, plus it also happens with the early variants, when i get some time tonight i might uninstall them and try reinstalling.

*update* I reinstalled, applied patches, and its still happening, it appears that its just the sound and the manifold gauge, im guessing they work hand in hand i dont know much about development. It happens in both the early and late models so i would guess its something in the base programming of the planes. Not a deal breaker, im a huge fan of this, as my posts on sim outhouse reflect, and i'll continue to fly her.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

I'd sure like to nail that down, deimos.
The thing is, throttle animation and manifold pressure in both the early and late variants just call standard variables.
The manifold pressure gauge is a read only item.
The sounds in the early variants only use standard formatting, nothing extra-ordinary there.
The late variants use a helluva of custom sounds but that wouldn't affect the engine.
The engine management and damage modelling is completely different between the two variants on the coding side so I wonder if you by chance
would see the same weirdos with other planes?

deimos256

Post by deimos256 »

honestly i dont recall experiencing this with any other addons that i have. I flew a 2 hour flight with the Captain Sim 727 last night and did the same things I would such as switching views with throttle at idle and didnt encounter and sound issues. That being a jet, I'll try some prop powered offerings today from some different designers.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Thanks, that would be very helpfull.
On an aside, when you trottle up and down once the issue occurs, does it return to normal?