FW 190 Late Variants Oil Temp problem !!

Fw 190 A "Anton" Support Forum
fdm79

Re: FW 190 Late Variants Oil Temp problem !!

Post by fdm79 »

Well Mathias... You are right... I've tested several diferent conditions...

Flying between 14000 ft and 20000 ft keeps the temp around 79ºC and 82ºC... I could even reach 28000 ft keeping ATA at 0.8 and setting RPM manually to 2300... This combination kept the oil temp at 86ºC steady and a cruise speed of 190 KIAS !! But like you said, the aircraft was probably not designed to fly in this condition...

But, I have to admit, I'm really confused !!! I never thought that a very powerful FW-190 could not reach higher altitudes.... Several WWII airplanes specs says they can reach even 37000 ft...

I have all the FSX WWII addons possible... And the favorites are A2A P-47, Real Air Spitfire and Both FW-190 from you (Not in this order) and none of them is limited like the FW... P-47 with Accusim can easily reach 30000 ft... even 32000 ft... Even the FW early variants can go higher...

BUT !!!!!! I will not doubt about the accuracy of this project and like I stated before... NOTHING could make me love and appreciate less the incredible CH FW's...

By the way... Since here in my city in Brazil is already 20:00h, over there in Germany you are probably in 2010 !!

Happy new year !!!!! :D
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Count down......
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Yeah, there wasn't much that could beat the 190 below 25000 ft including the Spitfire despite what the Brit legends tell but above that the plane fell short of expectations. The way Rudi Blaser blended the radial engine into the airframe gave it the edge at medium altitudes but at the same time caused it tot be not so efficient at higher altidues.
Interestingly, the Ju88 with the same engine had a considerably highy critical altitude.

fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:Yeah, there wasn't much that could beat the 190 below 25000 ft including the Spitfire despite what the Brit legends tell but above that the plane fell short of expectations. The way Rudi Blaser blended the radial engine into the airframe gave it the edge at medium altitudes but at the same time caused it tot be not so efficient at higher altidues.
Interestingly, the Ju88 with the same engine had a considerably highy critical altitude.
I didn't know that...

Interesting...

But all of this, you mean only the "A" models right ??

I've been checking most of the Dora's models like D-11 and D-13 and according to their datasheet, they could go over 43000 ft !!!
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Yes, talking about the "Anton".
The A's weak high altitude performance was btw the main reason to develope the Dora and Ta152.

fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Hummm...

Ok Mathias... Any chance to see D's and Ta from Classics Hangar ? Or are you letting A2A do the job exclusively ?? ;)

I think I've read something like this in some other topic...

Although I must say... there are mandatory things in my life that I do to live in piece with myself... and one of this things is purchasing ALL the airplanes from you and A2A no matter what or if you guys develop the same one... I'll buy both !!!! :roll:

So if you ever decide to develop the Dora... I would buy yours and theirs in a heartbeat and try to fly both at the same time....... (Not trying to be excentric...) LOL :D

Ohh... another question... Are you guys planning to make a Just Fly utility for the Early Variants ?? What about a cockpit sound module like the Late Variants ??
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

He, thanks fdm79!

Well, as it looks now "they" are going to do the D and Ta152, though I havn't heard nor seen a lot of it lately.......

Right now we are updating the early variants to late variants standards.
That includes visual upgrades and the implementation of all late variants coding features inclusive "Just Fly" and custom cockpit sounds.

fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

WOW !!! That's a GREAT news !!!!! Looking forward to see the early variants with the "late" standards !!!! ;)