Cockpit doesnt open on FW-190 Late Variants

Fw 190 A "Anton" Support Forum
scrubcutter

Cockpit doesnt open on FW-190 Late Variants

Post by scrubcutter »

I have just bought the title product via the SimMarket site, and so far it is great, however I have not been able to work out why the canopy won't open. All the sound and handle animations work, just not the canopy which remains closed. can someone please help? :!:
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Cockpit doesnt open on FW-190 Late Variants

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Welcome scrubcutter,

in the FSX graphics settings there is a checkbox, I believe in the English version it's something like "play advanced animations".
Check that and the canopy animations plus a few more like the pilot animations will work.
Just be aware when doing changes to the graphics settings from within the game it will reset your 2048 texture settings to default.
Remember, textures should be configured to use 2048 textures as outlined in the handbook.
You can also apply the animation tweak directly to the aircraft.cfg.
Look for a line "SKINNED_ANIMATIONS" and set that to 1 like this:

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

scrubcutter

Post by scrubcutter »

Hi Mathias,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I tried what you said, but the canopy still does not open. The handwheel on the right revolves, the noise of the canopy opening is there, but the canopy still remains closed. It is the only aircraft that is doing this out of my extensive range of payware and freeware add-ons and it is a bit frustrating as it is a feature I use with all my tail-draggers with Track-IR. I hope there is another way to fix it as it spoils what would otherwise be one of the best WW2 sim aircraft, even against the Accusim models from A2A. Please help! :?
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

There's a bug in FSX that causes canopies to not open when you are close to a refueling area, but that affects all aircraft, not just ours. That's the only other thing beside enabling skinned mesh animations that could cause the canopy to not work correctly.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)