Controller suggestions.

General English Language Help Forum
BobSmall

Controller suggestions.

Post by BobSmall »

As soon as I saw the FW190 I had to have one :D It's now parked in the hanger, an A-4 of III/JG26

I have ordered a copy of FSX, and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive.

I don't know what to get for controls.

I prefer a "stick" controller (not a yoke or a wheel) as that is more appropriate for the FW190. But I also want something that will cater for a twin engined plane, like a Me410 or Me262. I do like the idea of the add-on throttle console as well.

Suggestions please.
Fw190A-4 Black 4 III/JG26 currently flying out of Hervey Bay (YHBA), Queensland, Australia
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Controller suggestions.

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Welcome aboard!
Now that is interesting! Are you entirely new to flight simming?
Ok, personally I still prefer my trusty old Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback stick over everything else.
all other force feedback sticks feel like toys to me in comparison.
This one's out of production for quite some time now but you may be able to find a used one at Ebay.

Other than that, many flight simmers seem to be happy with CH products.
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/index.html
I never tried them though I'm long over-due to get me some of their rudder pedals and throttle columns. :mrgreen:
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

RudiJG1

Post by RudiJG1 »

I've used CH gear for several years (Fighterstick PRO, Pro pedals, Throttle USB Pro). They are a big investment but are very sturdy, and the configuration software that CH Products provides gives one incredible flexibility in programming the controllers.
BobSmall

Post by BobSmall »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've ordered a CH Fighterstick. Can't wait.
Fw190A-4 Black 4 III/JG26 currently flying out of Hervey Bay (YHBA), Queensland, Australia
scrubcutter

Post by scrubcutter »

You could also look at the Logitech G940 flight system. Value for money although a bit hard to configure the software initially. :idea: