Fw 190 Pilots Manual

General discussion about Classics Hangar products
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Fw 190 Pilots Manual

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

The manual is now available for download.
Please check the main page.
http://www.classics-hangar.de/index_en.htm
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

Helldiver

Re: Fw 190 Pilots Manual

Post by Helldiver »

I was taken aback when you published the Handbuch for the FW 190. About 40 years ago I was going through the Raytheon-Weyland's Library when I ran into the same Handbuch. Exactly the same. I took the book and ambitiously decided to translate it into English using a German-English dictionary. But when it came to be "an arm that turns on a wing" when they were talking about an airleron, I figured it was beyond me. Here you've done it for me.
Helldiver

Post by Helldiver »

I was taken aback when you published the Handbuch for the FW 190. About 40 years ago I was going through the Raytheon-Weyland's Library when I ran into the same Handbuch. Exactly the same. I took the book and ambitiously decided to translate it into English using a German-English dictionary. But when it came to be "an arm that turns on a wing" when they were talking about an airleron, I figured it was beyond me. Here you've done it for me.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

He, yeah, the "cover" is a scan of an original period handbook, though it's actually the backside of a He 115 manual since the condition of this one was better than my Fw190 handbooks. I've added the text using a graphics tool.
The contend though is decidedly not a copy of the period handbooks but deals exclusively with the actual FS aircraft and it's functions. Well, I think it's a bit confusing to say the least to read a period manual and believe the FS model will work exactly the same.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)