Welcome to the Classics Hangar!

General discussion about Classics Hangar products
eddie

Re: Welcome to the Classics Hangar!

Post by eddie »

Well Mathias, it looks like you will have to do a FW190 D9 afterall. If you go to this site, and scroll down this page, you will see a picture of a new "Dora", ready to fly. And a famous Luftwaffe pilot autographed it! If you don't design a "Dora, you will be letting down Gunther Rall. Now you wouldn't do that to him, would you? :D

http://www.flugwerk.de/diary.shtm
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Well Eddie, the Dora and Ta152 are definitely on the list.
Maybe we can get Herrn Rall to sign one of our texture sheets? :mrgreen:
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

eddie

Post by eddie »

Now that's funny Mathias,LOL :mrgreen: I have a couple of questions for you concerning the Bf 110, mainly about the nightfighter versions, when you get that far. Since I don't have FSX, I'm not sure how much detail you could put in.

1-When you are in the pilots seat, are you going to add in "head movement"?

2-The Bf 110 Nightfighter had a position for the radar operater. Are you going to be able to see the radar screen, while its acually working? I have never seen a photo of what the screen looked like when it had detected a enemy aircraft, so not sure if it could be done?

3-From the exterior veiw, of any of your models, will the pilot, or any of the other crewmen, have movement? I think you called it something like "tick-14"? I know on MAAM SIMS Avenger (for FS9 anyway) the pilot would switch to having an oxygen mask on as soon as you got to 10,000 feet.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Hi Scotty, :mrgreen:

in FSX all planes have this dynamic head movement by default in the VC so no need from our end to hack something in.

I think the radar screen can be done, without having looked into it too much yet.
You can basically take any simulation variable and turn it into an animation in FSX unlike CFS3 which is pretty much locked to what the aces gave us as far as cockpit animation goes.

Yupp, in FS9 that was "Tick18", in FSX it's "Ambient".
The Fw190 pilot currently has a 45 or so seconds animation loop looking around. When the pedals are in he will also move his hands and feet according to stick/pedal input.

eddie

Post by eddie »

Well that's quite "Fascinating" and "Logical" to hear Herr Spock! With the sandbox FSX gives you, plus your great modeling skills, you should be able "To boldly go where no designer has gone before!" May your site and models "Live long and prosper!" :lol:

Scotty out!
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

So "beam me up, Scotty". :mrgreen:

eddie

Post by eddie »

The way we are going, I wouldn't be surprized if someone asks you to make a Star Trek model,lol I bet you probably could make the transporter work too!!!
eddie

Post by eddie »

When you get to the 110's Mathias, do you think that the gauges that are on the inside of the engine nacelles, will actually work in FSX?
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Sure Scott, they'll work just like any other gauge.

eddie

Post by eddie »

That sounds great! I can see you are going to have a good time designing for this sim.lol