Welcome to the Classics Hangar!

General discussion about Classics Hangar products
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the Classics Hangar!

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

You bet, Scotty. I wish we had a combat flight sim that could do the visuals that FSX can do.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

eddie

Post by eddie »

Maybe you could design a Luftwaffe airfield from those days Mathias, I guess it wouldn't have to be based on a real one, but who knows what you could come up with. A few hangers, some support vehicles, maybe a few static aircraft parked near the runway. Maybe a few in the hangers, getting worked on. How about a real looking German control tower (or whatever they called it back then) instead of the same one we had at every airfield in the CFS3 world,lol

Who knows, you could probably get your search lights working in this sim, triggered to light up when taking off at night. Would make a great snapshot with the lights on and any version of Schnauffi's nightfighter taking off!! Besides, you're going to need a great looking airfield for all these Luftwaffe aircraft to operate from.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

A period airfield is definitely something to consider making.
I don't think though that we'll have one in our first release.

Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

When you need information about Luftwaffe airfields in the Netherlands, just let me know. I live very near to Valkenburg AB, which was Fliegerhorst Katwijk during the war. The Air base is not in use any more but there still quite some original buildings.

Next to this, I have enough information about Bergen which was used both by day as nightfighters and I have quite some information about "Fliegerhorst Leeuwarden".

I can already predict your answer..... I think I would like to Deelen ;) . Don't worry I can come up with some information about that airfield as well and there is still a museum there where I should be able to get quite some information.

However some frontline airfield with just camouflage nets and tents would be nice as well. :roll:

Huub
eddie

Post by eddie »

A question about the 190's Mathias-

Are there plans to do the export version of this bird too? 72 FW 190 Aa-3 were delivered to Turkey. These differed from the standard German version by radio equipment (no FuG 25) and armament (MGFF's deleted - only 4 MG17's retained) I have no idea of what the paint scheme looked like, but was just curious is all.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

eddie wrote:A question about the 190's Mathias-

Are there plans to do the export version of this bird too? 72 FW 190 Aa-3 were delivered to Turkey. These differed from the standard German version by radio equipment (no FuG 25) and armament (MGFF's deleted - only 4 MG17's retained) I have no idea of what the paint scheme looked like, but was just curious is all.
He, must be one of these then. :P
2008-10-19_4-54-14-31.jpg
2008-10-19_4-54-14-31.jpg (189.53 KiB) Viewed 6438 times
2008-10-19_4-53-7-328.jpg
2008-10-19_4-53-7-328.jpg (59.5 KiB) Viewed 6438 times

eddie

Post by eddie »

Outstanding work by Alx on that Turkish scheme Mathias, simply amazing! I'm going to ask another question, and that deals with the original 190 prototypes. Any chance that we will see the original 190 v1? Sorry, had to edit the photo, didn't want to even think about causing any problems for anyone with the swastika on the tail. But, the photo is the first one I have ever seen of the 190 v1.
Attachments
190 v1.jpg
190 v1.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 6414 times
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Nope, v1 won't happen.
We have massive problems simulating the fried feet the engine caused to the pilot due to heat problems. :lol:
On a serious note, the V1 was quite different from the production variant, there's not really a point in amking one, it's basically a different plane.

eddie

Post by eddie »

Administrator wrote:Nope, v1 won't happen.
We have massive problems simulating the fried feet the engine caused to the pilot due to heat problems. :lol:
On a serious note, the V1 was quite different from the production variant, there's not really a point in amking one, it's basically a different plane.
I am glad I wasn't a test pilot back in those days,lol
Isa

Post by Isa »

Hello , everybody ! The FW190 : I love it ! ( especially FW 190D9 Dora )
All you need is love ! Isabelle ( France )