More paintwork 14.(JABO)/JG5 "Eismeer"

General discussion about Classics Hangar products
Huub Vink

More paintwork 14.(JABO)/JG5 "Eismeer"

Post by Huub Vink »

Just started this repaint. Still a lot to do, but the start is always the most difficult part ;)

Huub

Razor1

Re: More paintwork 14.(JABO)/JG5 "Eismeer"

Post by Razor1 »

Looks like the later versions are coming along nicely. Looking forward this paint and many more.

Thanks Huub,
Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

Hi Razor, it is actually a repaint for the A-3 in the early model package. But the late versions will offer many posibilities for very interesting repaints!

Cheers,
Huub
Razor1

Post by Razor1 »

I should have known that is an A-3 Huub :oops: , I was so overcome by the paint I just figured it was on a late version Butcher Bird. This is a great aircraft to paint. The paint kit must have been created by Alessandro since he painted all the birds in the release. He did a really great job with the layers. Looking forward to this release and already have your two new Bf-109G paints.

By the way Razor1 is my code name when on secret operations. My real name is Tom Stovall which you probably already knew.

Later!
Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

Hi Tom, to be honest I didn't know, but it is nice to know now.

Huub
Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

It is finished! It has the correct spinner now, I have done some very slight additional weathering, but as I normally announce my repaints at the Sim-Outhouse I wait with the upload until SOH in back up again.

It depicts a FW109A-3 from 14.(JABO)/JG 5 "Eismeer", stationed at Petsamo Finland during the summer 1943. The repaint is based on a profile on http://www.warbirdprofiles.com/.

As usual I have used parts from Alessandro Biagi's original textures added some things from my own and played a bit with the included paintkit.

Huub

Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

This repaint is in the queue from Avsim.com and should be available as soon as it is approved.

enjoy,
Huub
Barvan40

Post by Barvan40 »

Thank you Huub for another beauty!

Barry

Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

Thanks Barry, I´m glad you like it. Great screenshot!

Cheers,
Huub