Atmospheric pollution

"Dora" Support Forum
william thompson

Atmospheric pollution

Post by william thompson »

Greetings everyone, if anyone can tell me how to moderate the amount of smoke my Dora touchdowns make, I really need to know! Don't just tell me my landings are lousy, most of them are, but now and then I do achieve a nice three-point-no-bouncer, and when I look at the replay there's so much smoke that I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Is it possible to alter the effects file? I need to know. Think of the environment, guys, Cheers, william
Huub Vink

Re: Atmospheric pollution

Post by Huub Vink »

Although I'm not an effects person, I assume the correct way to reduce the effect is to make the texture of the smoke more transparant, by darkening the alphas.

Cheers,
Huub
william thompson

Thanks, Huub, I'll try. I suppose the amount of smoke generated on touchdown was due to the type of material used for the tyres. Cheers, william
thunder100

Post by thunder100 »

Hi William

I have a look into it

Some questions

Which Simulator?FSX P3D?

Only Dora or also TA-152

In which view its excessive to you?( you may think that it doesnt matter dut in MS FSX it matters )

Thanks Roland
thunder100

Post by thunder100 »

Hi William

That effect is build in the model and triggered

So in oder to decrease that you need to ammend the aircraft.cfg of any D9(11-13-TA) you want to chnage that

Look for that

[effects]
startup=fx_engstrt-Dora9

and add

touchdown=fx_tchdwn,1

Then it looks like that

[effects]
startup=fx_engstrt-Dora9
touchdown=fx_tchdwn,1

SAVE

you can try as well

touchdown=fx_tchdwn_m,1//-->thats more
touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s,1// Thats the original one you deem too much

Hope that helps

Roland
william thompson

Greetings Roland, I am using FSX with Acceleration, the smoke occurs on touchdown with the Dora, when I review my approaches and landings in Instant Replay. I have not yet flown the TA-152, but I will try it. Thanks for replying, Cheers, william
william thompson

Greetings Thunder100 and Huub, my Dora 13 landings are smokeless now, [though still far from perfect in other respects], and I want to say that I really appreciate your responses to my appeal. Thank you, Gentlemen, and Best Wishes, william