Small thing i noticed(little "bugs")

Seek support and talk about the Classics Hangar Me 108.
Unterstützung und Forum zur Classics Hangar Me 108.
kleineMax

Small thing i noticed(little "bugs")

Post by kleineMax »

This is no FIX THIS thread just something that i noticed while im modelling my AI-Version.

The tailwheel has this little mechanism that feathers the wheel, and this on is inverted on your model, comparing to the real one.
Maybe you didnt noticed it because the D-EBFW has a more simple mechanism (as pictures suggest)
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Small thing i noticed(little "bugs")

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

kleineMax wrote:This is no FIX THIS thread just something that i noticed while im modelling my AI-Version.

The tailwheel has this little mechanism that feathers the wheel, and this on is inverted on your model, comparing to the real one.
Maybe you didnt noticed it because the D-EBFW has a more simple mechanism (as pictures suggest)
That's called scissor and it's different on almost every Bf108 you see today. It reduces bumping tail wheel.
D-EBFW has none at all actually.
I went with the standard Messerschmitt mounting as you would see it when factory-mounted, pretty much seen on all Messerschmitt aircraft post 1941.
No bug, just a design decision.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

kleineMax

Re: Small thing i noticed(little "bugs")

Post by kleineMax »

Ah ok, in the material you send me the WM149 only shows the backfacing scissor but your right, cause in the "Close-Up 05" there is one pic where it faces to the front.

Hm, will turn mine also to the front to match up with your decision