Bf 108 now released!

Seek support and talk about the Classics Hangar Me 108.
Unterstützung und Forum zur Classics Hangar Me 108.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Bf 108 now released!

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

JonP01 wrote:
Mathias Pommerien wrote:Oldendirt, you don't need to edit anything by hand.
This time around the included tool will adjust the FSX.cfg (if needed) and do the texture configuration.
It's located at

Start\All Programs\Classics Hangar\Bf 108 Taifun

along with user manual, just fly utility, "check for updates" link and some other shortcuts.
Hi,

I am just curious - what line in the fsx.cfg file does the tool change? I selected 2048 to begin with and looking at my fsx.cfg file afterwards, I could not see what it had changed.

Jon, it does two thing:

1. It configures the texture.cfg files in the Bf108 aircraft folders to use the resolution you choose.

2. It looks into the FSX.cfg, checks the texture_max_load and if required adjusts it as per your selection.
That means in return if you select "2048 in the manager and your actual value in the FSX.cfg is allready 2048 or higher, it won't do anything.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:Jon, it does two thing:

1. It configures the texture.cfg files in the Bf108 aircraft folders to use the resolution you choose.

2. It looks into the FSX.cfg, checks the texture_max_load and if required adjusts it as per your selection.
That means in return if you select "2048 in the manager and your actual value in the FSX.cfg is allready 2048 or higher, it won't do anything.
Hi Mathias,

I thought that might be the case. In my situation, however, my fsx.cfg file was at the default maximum value of 1024 (set via FSX gui). However after using the supplied tool to apply the 2048 textures, I noticed the value in my fsx.cfg file was still only 1024. I tried this several times and the value never changed (I checked the cfg file before starting FSX, as I am aware that FSx will change the value back to 1024 if I go into the FSX gui and re-adjust the display settings. I am running windows 7 64 bit and the FSX installation is in the default location that the FSX installation program chose.

I realise I can subsequently manually edit the cfg file, but it does seem that at least in my case, the tool is not making the required change automatically.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Aha, interesting.
Can you tell me:
-What operating system.
- if Vista or Win 7: 32b or 64b, user account control enabled or dissabled?

JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:Aha, interesting.
Can you tell me:
-What operating system.
- if Vista or Win 7: 32b or 64b, user account control enabled or dissabled?
It's Win 7 64 bit. Not sure about user account control - will have to check later and get back to you. I may have disabled that though for some reason in the past - I have forgotton why though). The reason I can't tell you right away is that I am presently putting in a new solid state hard drive and the old setup currently just exists as a drive image on my USB backup drive. I should be up and running again on the weekend though.
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Thanks
....and do you usually access your computer with administrative rights of with limited access, for instance as standard user?

Klemm35

Post by Klemm35 »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:What is it for a scenery, btw?
Sorry for the late answer. It's one of my "Fliegerhorst Projects". Since many years I'm very interested about the Luftwaffe airfields and trying to get as much information as possible. Two years ago I started to "rebuild" them in FSX (Werneuchen, both Rechlin, Trollenhagen, Ludwigslust, Köthen and Brandis so far). But I'm still learing about developing sceneries in Fs. So I don't have any idea when (or if) the first airport will be released.

Kai
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Ahaaa, very cool!
Looking forward to it's release, Kai! There is really a lack of Luftwaffe airfields.

JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:Thanks
....and do you usually access your computer with administrative rights of with limited access, for instance as standard user?
I think I always use it with adminstrative rights. In other words whenever I use it I am able to enforce any administrator rights and I am the only user of the computer. Does that clarify things? :? :)
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Thanks Jon, let me look into it. May take a few days though to get a result.
Thanks for the report!

kleineMax

Post by kleineMax »

Mathias Pommerien wrote:kleineMax, the reason for the canopy niggle is the refresh rate of the controll gauges that override override keyboard inputs.
But if I reduce the refresh rate there is lag in processing certain parameters and animations, not what we want.
It's unfortunately a little limitation.
Other than that, the canopies can be opened by clicking the handgrips.
What I can do is make a little 2d gauge with clickspots to toggle the canopies or add additional icons to the panel.

To fold the wings you need to assign a keyboard shortcut to the command "Tragflächen ein/ausfahren" in the FSX keyboard settings.
Ok, i understand. If the Canopy is the only thing thats operated by shift+E - 'number', i can deal with that. No need for a gauge (you dont have an engine cover that can be opened, right?)