Aircraft slowly turns to the right with engine off.

Fw 190 A "Anton" Support Forum
Razor1

Aircraft slowly turns to the right with engine off.

Post by Razor1 »

Mathais, after taxing to a ramp I turned off the engine to watch the AI aircraft come and go. As I was sitting there I notice my aircraft was slowing (very slowly) turning to the right. It was almost like I was in slew view. I used the slew view to put the Fw-190 back where it started but again it turned slowly to the right. Never seen that before on any aircraft. Any idea. I will check again tomorrow at a different airfield.

Regards, Tom
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Aircraft slowly turns to the right with engine off.

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Hi Tom,

we are looking into fixing it as it has been reported by some.
There would be a workaround by increasing the MOI values in the aircraft.cfg
but that would unbalance the flight dynamics so we're looking for a better solution.
Thanks for the report.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)

Razor1

Post by Razor1 »

Thanks Mathias, I wondered if this was related to the bouncing on the tarmac with the engine off some have reported over at SOH. This is very subtle. If you sight on a fixed object like a hanger you can see the aircraft move to the right ever so slowly. Thanks for looking into this.

Back to the repaints. Tom
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Yes, it has the same source so to speak.
Just stand by, as soon as we find a solution that both fixes the issue and keeps the FD fidilety we'll make an update available

Razor1

Post by Razor1 »

Thanks, this is so subtle on my outfit I almost did not even notice. I did notice after first installing the Fw-190 that when taking off the aircraft was not following the same line each time on its path down the runway. Actually I thought it was kind of cool. I attributed it to wind or some other effect. She flies really well and so far this is the only thing I have noticed following the first update.

Appreciated, Tom
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Razor1 wrote:Thanks, this is so subtle on my outfit I almost did not even notice. ......

Appreciated, Tom
This is exactly the problem, Tom, fixing this little thing requires insane changes to the MOI so that the best option is to do nothing at all really.
Another workaround would be to move the tailwheel position forward in the aircraft.cfg by - say- 5 feet or so, so that more weight is added to it.
Obviously this will somewhat affect taxiing on ground and also the visuals (dustclouds and that).
The Aero file is working fine in FS9 and CFS3, just with FSX they where so busy polishing their Vista mess that they totally ignored the Aero engine.
We could do like anyone else, tweak the hell out of it and tell the people it's a swan while it's an ugly duck, just that's nothing we would be happy with .

Razor1

Post by Razor1 »

As far as I am concerned having to do monumental work for such a small, insignificant detail is just not worth it. I will of course use any correction you guys develop, but I am perfectly happy with the way it is now. Great aircraft and it certainly exceeds all my expectation. Thanks.