FW190A Profile reset to 300KPH (added drag/low power)

Fw 190 A "Anton" Support Forum
Redwulf__42

FW190A Profile reset to 300KPH (added drag/low power)

Post by Redwulf__42 »

Please help: my Anton series FW's are all reset to a low power or drag (flaps) configuration in a saved mission that I run as a performance test frequently. Once this gets set I can't fly faster than 300KPH without burning up the engines. It fixed itself once about a week ago, but its messed up again. I've tried extending to landing flaps, gear and toggling the prop pitch to manual and cycling manually to no avail. Once set in the aircraft profile it applies to all Anton versions in all missions or when setting in preflight. Reinstalling the aircraft did not help either.

Thanks for any advice.

Redwulf__42
California, USA
Huub Vink

Re: FW190A Profile reset to 300KPH (added drag/low power)

Post by Huub Vink »

You could try to save another flight in different set-up as start up flight. Otherwise you could also delete the FSX configuration file.

Cheers,
Huub
Redwulf__42

Post by Redwulf__42 »

I'm still having trouble with this. I've completely removed the install, erased the sim object FW folders in the FSX program file and app data files then reinstalled. But I have the same problem, The FW190 won't accelerate past 300KPH in level flight with gear and flaps up 2400rpm.

What config file are you referring to, FSX.cfg?

Thanks for your help,

John
Huub Vink

Post by Huub Vink »

Deleting the FSX configuration file (fsx.cfg) is for me a bit the ultimate reset for FSX.

Before you do I have a few questions. Does this problem only effects the Fw190A? When it does its a bit weird as all (sub)models have their own aircraft configuration file and air file.

Can you recall when the problem started. For instance did you save a different default flight? I'm nearly convinced that on of the settings is wrong because for instance a flight has been saved which doesn't support a specific setting which is present in the FW190A.

This is also why I think about deleting the fsx.cfg file as this will clear all saved settings and will give you a complete fresh start.

I hope the above makes a bit sense,

Huub