Tailwheel steering late series

Fw 190 A "Anton" Support Forum
Knallgiraffe

Re: Tailwheel steering late series

Post by Knallgiraffe »

Thanks for your reply.

Is it so that the sim drops code if memory doesn't reach out? Well that's a nice thing to know and to understand how that stuff is internally working. It saves questions. The sound issue was before the sound update, I also couldn't reproduce the tailwheel issue.

And...I had to reinstall the whole FSX a few days ago maybe this problem is now gone at all. But there was another annoying thing that came across....I wanted to do a multiplayer formation flight for screenshots and videos but...don't know if the problem is on your side, I think it's not so anyway when the other 190 came online, the textures were soooo messed up. It looked almost like a FS95 plane. Texture_Max_Load was at this point at 1024 which I cannot understand because I've set it to 2048 before. But the texture of the other plane was at maximum 16 nanopixels xD

The next problem is that the font is always fucked up when there is my butcherbird and another butcherbird in the multiplayer. With Cessnas there was no problem at all, can it be an OOM-error? Is the FW190 just too big and complex for FSX to handle? I saw youtube-videos of four CH FW190s simultaneously flying and taxiing around with no texture errors at all, they were all sharp. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB (I think only 256MB directly and 256 shared) and I have the latest driver version. My system is WinXP 32bit, AMD Sempron 3000+ 1,8GHz and 2048MB RAM. It runs smoothly with Autogen slider on very dense and reduced tree and building settings to 2500 resp. 1200 per cell and framerate limited to 18.

Also the other 190 disappeared after being more than 0.2 NM away from me so it was a big problem when I tried to follow him and there instantly appeared a big plane out of a tiny point there was before. But this could also be a Flusifix-setting which makes objects appear only if they're at least 4 pixels in size though the 190 was approx. instantly 50 pixels when it decided to show.

Are there any experiences of the 190 in multiplayer? And is there a possibility for the FSX to replace the remote 190 with a plane that requires less resources? Because it pretty sucks when your friend appears in the simulator and suddenly you only see boxes and squares and a graphics worse than minecraft (though minecraft is an awesome game, try it out! :D ).

The feature with the destroyable Wendehorizont is nice, I always forget to lock it when I throw bombs on Jena and afterwards it's broken :D I think I should build a hangar filled with Ersatzwendehorizonte to fix my plane after each flight xD
Mathias Pommerien
Site Admin

Re: Tailwheel steering late series

Post by Mathias Pommerien »

Hi again KG,

texture_max_load is always reset to default values whenever you change display settings from within FSX,
so we recommend to save profiles and edit the texture_max_load by hand in the saved profile, next reload it.
Alternatively use the freeware texture max load utility.
Infos can be found in the Fw190 handbook.

Aw, multyplayer, yoooh, you gotta love that. :(
What font are we talking about btw?
Whatever, I think it's a performance problem.
With your machine well below our recommended specs I'm surprised that it runs fluidly at all.
I would drop the autogen slider down a notch or two.

Dissapearing AI plane past 200 yards away, something we see with most planes but the default AI.
I suppose it's a multi LOD thing, though from memory I mean to recall that we saw the same when we still had multi LOD's in (early variants 1.x)
I may revisit the LODing and post a patch, but please accept that it won't happen anytime soon.
Mathias Pommerien (Classics Hangar)